Here’s our regular feature about our upcoming opponents…
- Formed in 1878 they were founding members of the Football League a decade later and won the first of nine league titles in 1891.
- A year later they left their original home of Anfield following a dispute with the owner and moved to Goodison Park where they have remained ever since.
- Everton have played in more top flight campaigns than any other side and have only spent four season’s outside of it in their history.
- Dixie Dean hit a Football League record of 60 goals in 39 matches during their 1927/8 season. He’s also the Toffee’s all-time top scorer with 349 goals. In his career he also scored an astonishing 37 hat-tricks.
- Legendary goalkeeper Neville Southall is their record appearance holder on 750. More than 200 ahead of 2nd placed Brian Labone.
- Their record transfer fee received is for Marouane Fellaini – £27.5 million in 2013 which eclipsed Wayne Rooney’s transfer to the same team in 2004.
- Everton have won the FA Cup five times, their most recent success was in 1995 but they have never won the league Cup despite reaching the final twice
- Goodison Park was the first ground to install undersoil heating and is the only domestic ground in England to have hosted a World Cup semi-final.
- Links between the clubs include Bob Latchford who scored a hat-trick in the Swans first ever top flight manager, current Toffee’s manager Roberto Martinez and his backroom staff as well as Kevin McLeod.
- The Swans have never beaten Everton in a league fixture with their only success coming with a 3-0 win in the League Cup last term.